|Image courtesy of Madsen Cycles|
|Image courtesy of WorkCycles|
We were almost ready to pull the trigger on the Madsen last week, but I have been waffling. It is a major purchase and I want to make sure we are making the right choice.
Pros of the Madsen:
- It can comfortably holds four children so we could pick up friends and bike-pool as the kids get older (most bakfiets only hold two or three).
- Cheaper than most bakfiets.
- It would be easier to handle the bike from the get-go. I am sure I would adjust to the handling of a bakfiets, but the steering and balance is different than a traditional bike. The Madsen would feel more familiar right away.
- It would last longer as a child-carrying device since the kids would outgrow the bakfiets before they would outgrow the Madsen.
- The bucket is larger than the box on the bakfiets and rated for heavier loads. It's larger cargo capacity would make it useful long after the kids were done riding in it.
- The kids ride up front. It is easier to carry on a conversation and more fun to bike with kids in the front.
Decisions. If anyone has any advice or opinions, I would love to hear them!